Winter is upon us! At least for those of us in the northern hemisphere. And baby is it cold outside! Actually, I can’t complain–we had a colder than normal November in Dallas, but we’ve been averaging about mid 50s with some pretty awesome days amongst the cruddy days this December.
But, I’m still a wimp when it comes to cold weather. W-I-M-P. I hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhate being cold.
This month, the lovely lady bloggers at Estella’s Revenge, Traveling with T, and Girlxoxo are hosting A Month of Favorites. I’m sad that I’m just now jumping into the month, but I definitely wanted to share with you some of my favorites for Winter Survival. And because I’m such a wimp, I couldn’t stop at just five…so here are seven of my favorites.
Winter Survival Favorites
1. I’ve been making a more conscious effort lately to dress like an adult, and in doing so I’ve discovered Crinkle Infinity Scarf from Target. At $15 a pop (and sometimes on sale!), I have one in the blue color above and another in maroon. Not only do they make me feel like I’m more put together (when wearing a long sleeve tee), but they also keep me a bit warmer in my chilly office.
2. A few years ago my mom gave my sisters and me Look Ma, New Hands lotion from Bath and Body Works. I love this thick and creamy lotion–and trust me, my hands are THE super dry in the winter. The slight orange smell is also very nice.
3. Ugg Slippers. Another gift from my mom. And I realize these aren’t a necessity and yes they are quite expensive. But goodness are they warm and cozy and comfortable! And if I’m feeling super lazy, sometimes I’ll even wear them to the grocery store. Because, you know.
4. Chapped lips. Ugh! I find that fancy frufru lip balms only make my lips more chapped, but Carmex never fails. I keep a little jar in the bathroom, next to my bed, in my purse, in the kitchen. Also works great on chapped noses.
5. Caramel Latte from Starbucks. It’s my go-to drink (grande please–sometimes with nonfat milk). And it does taste better in that red cup.
6. You know what’s awesome when you want to read a book and you have one hand under the covers and don’t want to reach out into the cold air to turn the page? Yup, an e-reader. I love my Nook HD for this very reason! So, I just popped by Barnes and Noble to grab a link for the Nook HD–are these not being sold anymore? Gah.
7. Which brings us to the last item–My Quilt. The quilt in the picture is the first one I made for myself and I love snuggling under it. I would love to fill the house with cozy quilts–a dream for one day.
What are YOUR Winter Survival Favorites? Be sure to pop over to Traveling With T today to see other Winter Survival Favorites.