Readathon Update for Hours 7-12
Pages: 117 - Maman's Homesick Pie by Donia Bijan
Time: 120? minutes
197 pages read
190 minutes reading
0 Books Finished
30 minutes blog updating
360 minutes cheerleading
One Billlllllion Exclamation Points
0 mini-challenges (WAHHHHH!!)
Food: Coffee (x2), Special K, Sonic BLT and Tots, A few Oreos
0 Prizes (Want some cheese? My prize is cheering you on. No really...can someone throw my name in the sack for a prize? K Thanks)
Elle gets ahold of mommy's book
Reading outside--that picture is of my grandma. Isn't she gorgeous?!
Mid-Event Survey (ok, so I don't see this on the website but I've already done so whatev...):
1. What are you reading right now?
Maman's Homesick Pie by Donia Bijan. Louuuuuuurve it.
2. How many books have you read so far?
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
Finishing my book! Only 48 pages left. And of course cheering. Is the second half of the alphabet shorter?? Ms and Ses--urg.
4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?
Scott is upstairs telling the babe how much he loves his little girl. Seriously. Best daddy ever. My mom watched her this morning.
5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
Nah. Lost some time this morning with distractions but just took a bit to get organized.
6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
How freakin' fast time goes. And how many people!! Wowza!
7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
Yes--urge people to use cheer opt-out if can't participate last minute. Would save so much time.
8. What would you do differently if you were to do this again next year?
Next time will be my 8th readathon...
9. Are you getting tired yet?
Yes. But I'll muscle through.
10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?
(none of those exclamation points are gratuitous thankyouverymuch).