Wahhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeee! (I may have just had a huge slice of Strawberry Rhubarb Pie and am running on a sugar high). Hmmmm, and if it wasn't so late I probably should have just vlogged this. But anywho.
So, Trisha tagged me for the 11 Question Meme 10 days ago. I immediately copied her questions into a draft post and then got sidetracked. Since then I've been tagged by Lisa and Chris. So now instead of 11 questions, I have 33. But I'm trying to keep my answers as short as possible. And I did want to use lots of pictures for funsies but...that sugar high is eventually going to lead to a crash. (pic below shamelessly stolen from Care).
1 You must post the rules.
2 Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged.
3 Tag eleven people and link to them on your post.
4 Let them know you’ve tagged them!
1. What's the best book you've read so far in 2012?
I've only finished one book. Ha! Affinity by Sarah Waters. Including audo? Bossypants by Tina Fey
2. What's your most anticipated book of 2012 so far?
The Stand by Stephen King. Woot!
3. What's your favorite song or album of 2012 (doesn't have to be from this year)?
Vampire Weekend! Ok so a band, but lovesies
4. What's the best thing to happen to you so far this year?
The Bradford Pears have started blossoming this week.
5. What's the worst thing to happen to you so far this year?
Realizing how many calories are in the Starbucks iced lemon pound cake
6. What's the best piece of news you've heard not concerning you so far this year? This could be a political event, a news item that made you smile, something that happened to a friend, etc.
Family trip to Hawaiiiiiiiiiii! Oh wait, that does concern me.
7. What's the best thing you've cooked/eaten/best recipe you've saved so far this year?
ZOMG Chocolately Trifle.
8. What's your biggest goal for this year and how's it working for you so far?
I've used my crockpot a crapload of times so far!
9. Have you discovered any new to you blogs yet this year that you're loving?
This chick makes the most beautiful free-motion quilting
10. What's your favorite thing you've seen on the screen so far this year? This could be a tv show/music video/movie/documentary, etc.
Once Upon a Time on ABC.
11. Do you plan on doing any gardening in 2012? Come on it's me...you knew there'd be some gardening in here :p
The square foot gardening box is made! Just need to fill it.
Lisa asked me:
1. Could you eat the same thing for lunch every day? What would it be?
Yes and sometime I do. Typically SmartOnes meals.
2. How many library books do you have checked out right now?
Zero. Except for one digital audiobook if that counts.
3. Do you feel strongly about specific music? or more of a music in general type person?
Music in general. I love music but all different kinds.
4. What is your favorite brick and morter retail store?
Half Price Books. or Target.
5. What is your favorite online store?
Amazon (Oh stop with the glares...I rarely online shop).
6. What is your favorite moment of heartstopping romantic tension? (Book, movie, music, tv, real life, art, anywhere.)
At the end of Pride & Prejudice (Kiera Knightly movie) in the fields (fwd about 2 min in).
7. What is the first book you remember reading?
Pinocchio when I was about 8?
8. Are you creative in any way? How so?
You would say yes. I would say no. I can create but I am not innovative.
9. Not counting your family, pets, and vital personal documents/pictures, what one thing would you save in a fire?
10. What is your favorite type of vacation (museums, beach, cabin, mountains, theme parks)?
Roadtrip!!! Or any type of trip where I see lots of different places.
11. What is the most surprising or unexpected thing you've done in the last 12 months?
Um...or will do? Dracula Ballet on Saturday. Can't wait!
Trisha wanted to know:
1. What is your favorite piece of art?
The upside down horse my sister drew for me (ok, she didn't draw it FOR me, but still cool right?)
2. What literary character do you think would make an awesome world leader?
3. What color do you think should be outlawed from clothing?
4. Hats. Yes or no?
Hello Don Draper.
5. What contemporary novel should be added to the high school curriculum?
Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close.
6. What book featuring real people do you think could work if the characters were switched to animals?
If Brothers Karamazov featured animals, everyone would be asses. Ba-dum dum.
7. Genetically designed humans. Hell yes or absolutely not?
Absolutely not. Ever. Though it does make for a great book!
8. What book would you like to see get parodied a la Pride and Prejudice and Zombies?
Gone with the Wind.
9. What book would you absolutely hate to see get parodied?
Brothers Karamazov or Ulysses.
10. TV. Awesome source of entertainment or horrifying time suck?
Awesomely horrifying, entertaining time suck.
11. What literary character should immediately jump off the page and into your bed?
Yes, it's still true.
My Questions! *Throws Confetti*
1. What app do you love above all others? Not an app person? What about website?
2. Describe your dream profession (sky is the limit).
3. Appetizers or dessert?
4. If you could be BFF with any fictional character, who would you choose?
5. I say BLUE. What immediatley comes to mind?
6. Favorite song to blast and sing in your car with the windows down?
7. What fashion fad makes you hang your head in shame?
8. What are your thoughts on 80s Hair Bands--specifically Monster Ballads?
9. What is a book you wanted to throw across the room? What is one you wanted to hug?
10. Imagine you are an aerobics instructor--what song must be on your playlist?
11. What's for dinner tonight?
Bonus: What's your favorite go-to lipstick (including color)
And I'm tagging...
(yes, some of you do not blog or you may not want to blog this. Feel free to leave your answers in the comments. Please and thank you). AND if I did not tag you (probably because you've already been tagged, please feel free to share your answers--particularly #6 and #8 and #10 and...well, all of them.