Oooooooooooooooooole. Not to be confused with Ole!!! Basically, I’m exhausted. But I’ll take the exhaustion as Bloggiesta was very productive. I had a daunting list of tasks, but I completed many of them (and more)! Only the really yucky things are left and honestly I think I’m kidding myself by thinking that they’ll ever get done.
As I stated the other day on my Bloggiesta starting line post:
What is Bloggiesta? Basically a big group of bloggers signed up and committed to blog updating this weekend. There were lots of mini-challenges and tips from experienced bloggers. 200 people signed up and we had a great time chatting on twitter throughout the weekend.
BLOGGIESTA THINGS I DID
2. Create “Favorite Posts” on Sidebar
3. Footer Copyright
4. Update Review Lists (35 reviews added)
5. Create a Recipe Index
6. Add picture to About Me page
10. Sign up at Creative Commons for copyright
12. Header Update (big thanks to Faye for designing!)
13. Create labels for sidebar (went with dividers instead)
14. Widen width of blog body
16. Draft up some posts (Ready Player One post)
18. Figure out BlogHer Ads and if I want to continue
19. Edited social media buttons
20. Collapsed Blog Archive in sidebar instead of removing
21. Random formatting changes–font, tabs, sidebar spacing
BLOGGIESTA THINGS I DIDN’T DO
1. Fix Big Black Signature (from when I accidentally deleted uploaded photo)
7. Create Page for Operation Use My Kitchen Gadgets
8. Fix old travel posts where pictures got deleted
9. Trish’s Reading Nook broken links
11. Clean up/Delete old drafts
15. Read links that I’ve emailed myself this week via twitter
17. Labels – blehhhhhh
And the before and after screen shots.
The change is subtle, especially for the time I spent working on the blog–googling this and that, but I’m happy with the changes. Plus I got to play around with picmonkey.com a bit since picnik will be going away this month.
I’m going to continue to play around with the main background because I’d like something a little simpler, but I need a break from blog editing! And as for the rest of the work…bah. The signature definitely needs to be fix (I sorta fix through March, so if you want to see an example, hit a post from January to see where my signature has changed to a big black box), but I might just tackle this one month at a time.
A big thanks to Suey and Danielle for hosting the Bloggiesta. And of course to Natasha for creating the event. I was a bit selfish with my time–focusing on just my blog rather than hopping around, but I enjoyed chatting with some new people on twitter and look forward to catching up with some of the linked blogs at the finish line.
So–anything you like? Anything you think could use adjustments? What was your biggest accomplishment this weekend during bloggiesta?
Didn’t participate? How was your last weekend in March?