1 cup sugar
2. In a small bowl, mix ½ cup brown sugar and 1½ tsp cinnamon with 1 tbsp melted butter for coffee cake topping.
3. Pulse flour, sugar, baking powder, and ½ tsp cinnamon in food processor. Add chilled butter cubes and pulse until mixture resembles cornmeal.
4. Whisk together buttermilk, eggs, vanilla, and lemon peel and add slowly to the dry mixture until just combined.
5. Fold in blueberries and pour into greased pan.
6. Sprinkle topping generously over cake batter.
7. Bake for 60-65 minutes or until toothpick/fork comes out clean.
Before the oven:
The top was deliciously crispy but the insides soft and moist.
Every weekend, Beth Fish Reads hosts Weekend Cooking. “Weekend Cooking is open to anyone who has any kind of food-related post to share: Book (novel, nonfiction) reviews, cookbook reviews, movie reviews, recipes, random thoughts, gadgets, fabulous quotations, photographs.” Hope you’ll join the fun!
On the Blog:
One Year Ago – Thoughts on Slowing Down
Two Years Ago – Good Things – New Car Edition
Three Years Ago – New Moon by Stephanie Meyer (self-interview)
Four Years Ago – The Robber Bride by Margaret Atwood