Similar to what I did after the first quarter, I wanted to assess my "Things in 2012" progress to see where I stand with what I wanted to do this year. Can you believe we have just under five months left? Holidays will be here before we know it!
The Book Things
- Read 24 books: 8.5 and 11.5 = 20. The half of a book is one that I read and listened to. I have book clubs to thank for the increased numbers--and of course audio which I'm finding I prefer more and more these days. (numbers as of July 1)
- The Stand: Done! Thanks to you guys and The Standalong!
- f2f bookclub: Work book club is going great. We don't always discuss the book for our entire lunch break but we have lots of laughs. I've also started attending book club at my local indie (a Real Bookstore) and have been having a lot of fun with it. Book club is a trade off for me--I don't get to read as many of the books *I* want to read but the social aspect is one that I need.
- Damn quilt for Scott
- Christmas quilt
- Another quilting project
- Fail on all three accounts. But, I did sandwich together a quilting practice piece
last weekenda few weeks ago! Only to find out that I'm either having problems with my machine or don't know how to use it. Need to take it to the shop. But, top and bottom of Scott's quilt are complete--just gotta quilt the thing.
- Kitchen Appliances: Crockpot, Food Processor, Springform Pan, and currently Ice Cream Maker!
- One dessert/month: I lost count
- Twelve new recipes: Seems like everything I make is new
- Scrapbook recipes: Oops.
The Bloggy Things
- All topics: I'm feeling better organized about blogging lately--at least the writing of posts (or at least I did when I drafted this post). I've basically given up on Google Reader lately and wish I had a better solution to visiting everyone. I try to focus on regular commenters here but even that isn't perfect. I'm way overdue for a babe update and a rambling post. Maybe
Augustlater this month.
- Pinterest: Success! Thanks to the Pin it and Do it challenge--another round started August 1st.
- 5K Race: Done. There was even one morning when I grew a wild hair and did the course just for funsies (it runs right by my house). Would like to do another one when it's cooler.
- 4 cultural events: Dracula Ballet, Jersey Boys. Half points for Comic Con and Rock of Ages. Half for Comic Con because it was too crowded for us to get in (with the babe in tow); half for Rock of Ages because...well...it was sucktastic. (read: I loved it inspite of its terribleness)
- Exercise. Hit or miss. I wish I could get up earlier to workout but I just can't seem to give up my sleep. If I do work out it's usually at lunch which I'm not fond of because then I give up reading/blogging time. Right now I average two workouts a week. Not good.
- Photography: Photo a Day May, Photography class with mom, Night safari downtown, Photo a Day May and July (below is a slightly edited shot from my photography class. Not bad, eh? Just brightened the picture a tad)
Whew! So maybe I can be a little more timely at the end of September/beginning of October? And goal is to work on some damn sewing in the next two months. Now to find the time to take my sewing machine to the shop...
How are you doing on your 2012 Things?