[Book Blogger Appreciation Week or BBAW is the brainchild of My Friend Amy. This year marks the fifth year of the event. This week is all about showering book bloggers with appreciation--it's a blogging event I always look forward to each year.]
Tuesday: Interview Swap. My partner this year is Lisa’s World of Books.
1. How long have you been blogging and why did you start a book blog?
I have blogging since November 2010, so closing in on two years. I was looking around the internet one day and ran across a book blog, which I never knew existed. It sounded like it was right up my alley, I have always loved reading and talking about books so I decided to just go for it and feel in love with it.
2. What do you want readers to know most about Lisa’s World of Books?
This is a really tough question, great one Trish. Lisa’s World of Books is a diverse book blog. I started it with just myself reviewing books, but before long my husband started reviewing his books as well. He does not always review, however it gives us some diversity. My two boys, ages 10 and 11, also review on occasion. I think that it makes it different and interesting. I hope my readers don’t mind. You are always welcome to leave me comments.
3. What has been your greatest blogging triumph?
I think my biggest blogging triumph was moving my blog from Blogger to self-hosted WordPress blog. Not an easy process at all and getting it all done and not losing anything was huge. Second to that, I would be getting 1,000 followers. I never thought I would have 100 followers so when I hit 1,000 it was a really big deal. Thank you to everyone who follows, it makes my day to hear from you.
4. What advice do you have for bloggers?
Be yourself, you do not have to be like everyone else. Also, remember that this is hobby so if you miss a meme or don’t feel like posting today, it is okay. Don’t lose the fun of it!
And Some Word Associations.
1. Literary crush: Jamie Frasier (Outlander Series by Diana Gabaldon)
2. A book blog you read every day: Pages of Forbidden Love
3. If you could only read one more book: Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
4. The book everyone must read: The Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolkien
So glad to have met Lisa this year through BBAW and I hope that you’ll pop by her blog and say hi! Also see her questions and my answers here.