I was doing a little Bloggiesta bloghopping last weekend when I discovered Cynni’s (@Uniflame) Cookbook Challenge at her blog She Likes Bento. Since I have a mountainous amount of cookbooks and have actually thought about making this a personal challenge next year when Operation wraps up, I’m in! I hope you’ll join as well. Here are her short rules (in her words):
– You can use any cookbook you like, one or multiple, it doesn’t matter BUT
– It have to be cookbooks that you barely used, so no cooking from your favorites
– Make a post you are participating in the challenge and link that below
– Please make a short post about your accomplishments, it doesn’t have to be full recipes (you can if you want), but a wrap up with which recipes you tried is also fine. (there will be a link up for that later)
– Sign ups stay open during the whole of October and November so jump in any time you want.
Cynni has different levels of participation and I’m going with Creative Croissant (3-5 recipes). I’m also going to use Rachael Ray’s Express Lane Meals. I’ve had this cookbook for years but don’t cook out of it very often (or ever) mostly because it doesn’t have any pictures and the ingredient lists are incredibly long. And nothing takes just 30 minutes. :) So, basically I’ll be using it as a last-ditch effort to enjoy this cookbook. Are you familiar with it?
Sounds like fun, ya? Hop over to Cynni’s to see all the details.
Every weekend, Beth Fish Reads hosts Weekend Cooking. “Weekend Cooking is open to anyone who has any kind of food-related post to share: Book (novel, nonfiction) reviews, cookbook reviews, movie reviews, recipes, random thoughts, gadgets, fabulous quotations, photographs.” Hope you’ll join the fun!