BLOGGIESTA UPDATE THE SECOND!!!
Now we're rolling!!! I took a short break from the computer while the babe was up, but after she went down for her nap, it was back to work.
1. Edited existing social media buttons for Pinterest and Email (wasn't obvious what they were) and then added the Gmail button. I added the RSS and P to the envelope and heart by layering in Paint.net.
2. HEADER!!! I mentioned my header on Twitter and the fabulous Faye from A Daydreamer's Thoughts offered to whip something up for me. What do you think?
3. I changed font and made a few changes to the colors of the blog and the main background.
4. Signed up for BlogHer Book Club
Everything else on my list is TERRIBLE. :) Fixing the old signature is something I can probably do while watching TV tonight with the hub. I'll probably never get my old links from Trish's Reading Nook fixed. Wahhhh.
But...I'm happy with the progress!
How's your Bloggiesta going?
BLOGGIESTA UPDATE THE FIRST!!!
1. Updated Review Directory with 18 months of reviews! (only 35, if you must know)
2. Signed up at Creative Commons and added to sidebar
3. Added Picture to About Me
4. Created Recipe Index and added to Tabs
5. Drafted first go at Ready Player One post
I played around with blog width and made it a tiny bit wider. Don't want to go too wide and risk cutting off on some computers. Also played around with the font a bit. I really like Calibri (it's what we use at work), but it looked so small. Will continue to play around as I'm tired of Georgia.
I'm getting tied up with the Copyright issue for blog footers. Do I add to my RSS feed or the actual post? Do I include the date? Ahhhh!!
Ok, better run and get that babe. :)
Hola!! Not to be confused with Holla!
What is Bloggiesta? Basically a big group of bloggers have signed up and committed to blog updating this weekend. I think most of the participants are probably book bloggers but anyone can sign up. There are lots of mini-challenges and tips from experienced bloggers. 200 people are signed up so far and it's sure to be fun. Join us!!
I always missed this event when Natasha was hosting. Honestly it was tough for me to justify taking a day to update my blog. But I've already warned Scott that I plan to spend lots of time on the computer this weekend and clean up some of the things that have been nagging at me for a while. My list is too long to complete everything, but hopefully I can get a few things cleared out.
Isn't my list pretty? Yes--writing in as many colors of pen as I can throughout the day makes me extra happy.
Throughout the weekend I'll be updating THIS post (no link...this this post) with my status. Though Bloggiesta technically starts today (Friday), I probably won't get into things until Saturday morning.
BLOGGIESTA THINGS TO DO
1. Fix Big Black Signature (from when I accidentally deleted uploaded photo)
2. Create "Favorite Posts" on Sidebar
3. Footer Copyright
7. Create Page for Operation Use My Kitchen Gadgets
8. Fix old travel posts where pictures got deleted
9. Trish's Reading Nook broken links
11. Clean up/Delete old drafts
13. Create labels for sidebar
15. Read links that I've emailed myself this week via twitter
16. Draft up some posts
17. Labels - blehhhhhh
I'm thinking about deleting Trish's Reading Nook. Does anyone know if something bad will happen to those posts that I imported from TRN if I delete that blog? Scary!!
Alright...that's more than enough to keep me busy! Forever. :)
I asked for some blog critiques on twitter but didn't have any takers. Ha! I would love to know any tips you have for blog improvement or readability. Like seriously.
Oh, and in case you're wondering, I think I'm going to skip #WeekendCooking this weekend. And I think I'm going to extend Operation Use My Food Processor another month. I didn't do very well and know I can do better!