UPDATE THE FIRST
Not gonna lie. I'm sitting here looking at the clock and thinking TWO O'CLOCK?! Scott took Elle with him to visit his sister today so it's just me...with Mumford and Sons on continual play...and I feel like I haven't gotten anything accomplished.
Ok, so here's what I HAVE done:
1. Updated my Reviews by Title.
2. Changed my "About Me" Picture. Note to self to take updated picture
3. Wrote Gone Girl post
4. Started Drafting Henrietta Lacks and 50 Shades posts
5. Created Operation Use My page and added to sidebar
6. Tested out deleting Trish's Reading Nook. I WILL delete October 5th
7. Took Operation Pictures for fondue/trifle/bundt. Just to have in future.
8. Changed the separator on my sidebar so that it's skinnier and tab fonts so they're smaller
I guess that's a lot.
I'm still pretty unhappy with my sidebars but honestly I have no idea what to do with them. Any suggestions?
The rest of the things on my list are pretty yucky. I mean, how often does someone click on an old link and end up at the old blog? Does it really even matter at this point? Maybe I need to turn something more upbeat on besides Mumford and Sons. Maybe I need to get changed and get some coffee. :)
Trying to explain to someone why you need to work on your blog all weekend while a bunch of other bloggers are doing the same thing is tough. Scott had some major head-scratching this morning. But, here we are. It's not too late to join the fun--the Starting Line is over at Danielle's blog and the Mini-Challenges are over at Suey's. I'm feeling a bit sheepish at my old-fashioned/non-tech mini-challenge, but I'd love if you joined me too. wink wink.
Instead of doing a lot of update posts throughout the event, I'll just be updating this one post. Ole! My very colorful list below...
THINGS TO DO
2. Fix big black signature
3. Clean up/Delete drafts
5. Fix old travel picture posts
6. Trish’s Reading Nook links
7. Hawaii Picture Posts
9. Organize email to one page
10. Condense sidebars
13. Blogger Survey
THINGS TO WRITE
1. Language of Flowers
2. 50 Shades of Grey
4. Henrietta Lacks
One thing I'm thinking about tackling this weekend is deleting Trish's Reading Nook. Does anyone have any experience with deleting a blog that they've exported into a new blog? I'm mostly concerned about losing the images that I've uploaded.
And if you have any other things that you'd love to see here on this blog--whether it be layout or content, I'd LOVE to hear your suggestions.