Happy New Year!
2012. What a year! All in all it was a really great year--of course there are always ups and downs in a year but I can't help but look back at the past twelve months with pleasure at all the things I accomplished and all the fun experiences I had with my family.
I'm not going to relist all of my 2012 Things for you here because my list for 2013 is going to look pretty dang similar, but I accomplished pretty much everything on the list except for finishing Scott's quilt and my Christmas quilt. I even had a bullet point for begin another quilting project--possibly a quiltalong with fellow book bloggers and I'm pleased I can check that off the list!
2013 will be an interesting year. Elle is growing old which means much more interaction and play time but also hopefully some more independence as she learns to entertain herself more and more. Either way I never want to miss out on time with her because I have something on my list that needs crossing off. I'm also still hopeful for a baby come next year--or at least pregnancy. I know that will throw a big loop into my year as well. Such is life, right? We can rarely plan...and as always I need to learn to recognize my limits and when to step back.
All in all I'm optimistic that this year will be a great one filled with wonderful things.
The Things I'd Like to Do in 2013
- I WILL finish Scott's Quilt. And the Christmas Quilt. I'm actually waiting on my machine to be repaired before I can quilt Scott's but I have promised myself I won't work on any other sewing projects until the Christmas Quilt is finished. Except hexes.
- Complete all hexes in prep for sewing together (I still haven't counted how many I need but I have 137!)
- Read/Listen to 24 books
- Read Outlander by Diana Gabaldon! I'm tempted by this Outlander e-book bundle. Join me?
- Continue with Operation Use My Kitchen Stuff. Bundt pan, immersion blender, trifle dish, fondue pot--several things are left to play with and I loved this challenge in 2012.
- Catch up on Recipe Scrapbook
- Use My Cookbooks - focus on one cookbook a month
- Run a 10K race
- Attend four cultural events with Scott/family (last year we went to Japanese Gardens, Luau in Hawaii, Jersey Boys, and Dracula Ballet...among others)
- Take a photography class
- Write one letter/card a month
- Journal. I'm going to try to get back to the daily notecards for this but I love the Project Life idea (introduced to me by Kathleen), but gah...
- Continue to write and blog about all types of topics. I've really come to love this blog and don't expect for it to change in style from what it's become over the past year. I hope you've enjoyed the variety, too.
Except for the journaling bit, this doesn't feel too overwhelming. I'm really tempted to add needle arts to the list but think I need to make better headway on the hexes first. I'd really like to make working out three times a week one of my things but...
And for those of you wondering, I do plan to continue with the Pinterest challenge. It's been a huge success thanks to you--my only regret is I often find myself unable to visit the links due to time limitations. Wish I could figure out how to fix that. Right now I'm thinking of bringing it back in February?
What are you looking forward to in 2013?