Thursday, January 31, 2013
Hello Everybody! So apparently I come up with difficult themes for Where in the World Are You Reading. First you tell me that you never read in a cafe and now you tell me you don't have any unusual reading spots? Even Suey made mention in a random post about her lack of unusualness. Hmphhhhh.
Thank you to the folks who participated this month! Hopefully the rest of you are still shaking off the holidays. Pictures below are from the participants own blogs (I hope they forgive me for not asking permission...and maybe also for the slight teasing I partake in below)
Melissa @ Avid Reader's Musings reads outside everyday on her lunch break. Other than the fact that it's COLD where she lives, I think this makes her more crazy than unusual. ;) But she does listen to her audiobooks while playing fetch with Ollie. Bet she's the only other gal at the dog park listening to The Shining!
SuziQoregon @ Whimpulsive Reads in her driveway so she can sneak in just a few more minutes of book time before heading in to the hubster, she reads in line at the store and while the laundry is going. BUT!!! She reads while walking the stairs! Even I think this is an unusual way to get reading in. Hopefully she has better balance than I do.
Lisa @ Books Lists Life usually reads at her computer. This seems unusual to me because...well...I'd never get anything read that way (ahem twitter). But her most recent unusual reading spot was in front of the kiddos' room when she was acting as a silent barricade.
Nikki @ Bibliofilly is a newbie to this meme (Hi Nikki!). As a mom to a little one she finds that she has to sneak in her reading here and there (ahem...I have no idea what that's like) but she shares a very lovely moment she's having in a hammock. Since she's in Australia she is enjoying warm weather while we're all bundled up. I know--you're jealous, too, right?
Christine @the happily ever after... said that 99% of her reading is quite vanilla (in bed or in a comfy chair) but the other 1% is quite varied. I think my favorite from her list is "swaying in a hammock when the day is sunny and warm." Doesn't this sound lovely? But she's also been caught reading while stirring a pot in the kitchen! Below is taken while riding passenger.
Tami @ Just One More Thing is another Where in the World newcomber (Hi Tami!). I think her goal is joining us this month is to make us all pea green with envy. Ya--there wouldn't be a picture of her reading at the beach on her post (ok, there totally is). Below is a shot of the airplane before the beach.
Kelly @ The Written World shares a picture of where she is when she's reading while waiting for The Boy to run some errands. I don't know if the reading in the car is terribly unusual but check out the name of this auto store. Princess Auto? Only in Canada (I can say this because I'm half Canadian, right?).
And where are my unusual reading spots? Well, I think the most unusual is the hidden cube at work. But let me tell you--it's gloriously quiet (except when people stop in front to gossip without knowing I'm behind the wall). I also read while at the gym but suspect this isn't terribly unusual either.
Thanks again to the participants and commenters!!
Next month will be hosted by Kelly! Get ready to share your COZY reading spots!
Do you have any unusual reading spots?