1. What time of day do you typically read/do you prefer to read?
Have I mentioned to y’all before that I don’t always read every day? Sacrilege, I know! Though I do tend to listen to audiobooks almost every weekday when I travel to and from work. Sometimes I’ll read during lunch, but mostly I just waste this hour away and have no idea where it goes. Occasionally I’ll read at nighttime, but most nights we watch TV together. Holy cow–do I ever actually read? I cherish nap/quiet time on the weekends and can usually get in an hour of reading then.
2. What is your strangest book related obsession?
Does Outlander (including the Starz show) count? Because I really don’t think my crush on Jamie OR Claire is healthy…
3. Like which author do you wish you wrote?
I have Cheryl Strayed on the mind lately. She writes so beautifully and with such raw honesty. I would love to be able to craft such emotion in my sentences.
4. Who do you think is the most over-rated author?
5. What do you think is the most over-rated book?
6. Which two authors would you like to see go head to head in a word-off (like a dance-off)?
7. I’ve always wanted to read Lord of the Rings in a cabin in the mountains or Nora Roberts in an Irish inn or The Woman in White in an abandoned asylum. What book-location pairing do you wish for?
Wuthering Heights midst the English Moors. Not sure I’d be game to read anything in an abandoned asylum!!
8. Describe your bookish self in three words.
Eclectic, Emotional, Ecstatic
9. Name one of your favorite characters and what you would do with him/her if you had one day together.
Bridget Jones. And we’d likely just get sloshed. It would be epic.
10. If you had one extra day in the week, that nobody knew about and didn’t count, what would you with it?
THERE COULD BE AN EXTRA DAY IN THE WEEK AND NO ONE WOULD KNOW? GIVE IT TO ME NOW! I would likely hang out in my crafting room for the majority of the day. This seems to be the one place that is hard for me to hide away in because of the proximity to the girls’ rooms. I’d probably read for a little bit. Maybe do some tidying up (hoping this will make my house happier). Maybe bake something for later. And probably a lot of just staring into space while enjoying the quiet.
Grab the questions and play along! I’d love to see your answers.
Sunday Funday. I’m headed out of town next week for business and it will be the longest that I’ve been away from both girls at the same time. I plan to take some books for the evenings, but I’m not sure I actually expect to get any reading done. Today will likely be filled with miscellaeous travel prep.
What does your Sunday look like today?