So, this weekend is Bloggiesta which is a virtual “fix up your blog” party. I seem to only really participate in this event during the fall–maybe it’s something about the change of seasons? I didn’t think I had a ton I wanted to do, but then I started creating my lists and holy cow! Of course I’ll be happy with just drafting up a few posts and updating some of my pages. It is nice to have this focused time for the blog, though! I always seem to be much more motivated during Bloggiesta.
This time I’m also hosting a mini-challenge! Please check out my post on creating post templates. After working on this post (and recreating the wheel from previous posts), I think I’ll create a Bloggiesta template for next time!
Go sign up for all the Bloggiesta fun! I’ll just be updating this post all weekend if you want to pop back and see my progress.
On my To-Do List:
Reviews by Title and Reviews by Authorand Recipe Box Add Pin It Button to images(used a plug-in)
- Add post ideas to Evernote
- Create a new header?
- Clean up tags/categories (groan)
- Scour mini-challenges
- Visit participants and cheer them on
Pipe Dream Goals:
- Fix signature on old posts
- Fix links on old “Trish’s Reading Nook” posts
- Get my email inbox to one page
Questions I have:
- How do I add a comment link at the bottom of my posts (yes, in addition to under the title)?
- How can I get rid of feedburner RSS address without switching services or losing followers?
- If I change old images on pinned posts, what happens? (why do this? because many of my old pictures are horizontal when vertical pins “better”)
- If I add an auto signature to my posts if it will add a signature to all my old posts? (thus duplicating my signature)
Posts to Draft:
- Packing for Mars / Drums of Autumn mini-reviews
- American Gods full review
Top Ten Tuesday – Fall List/ And maybe some upcoming TTTs?
- Elle Right Now
- Mesa Verde / Other trip pictures
Pin it and Do It link-up for Monday / Inspiration on MondayShell drafted anyway
- Sunday Bookish Funday (topic??)
- Pregnancy Stitch Fix post
- Turned my pins into Rich Pins thanks to Alexia’s mini-challenge! See how all my pinned posts have the little heart with my blog name?
- I created a template for future Bloggiesta to-do lists based on all the major sections of this post! Mini-challenge is my own template mini-challenge. :)
Things Not On My Original List:
- Updated my Audiobook Review Index
Um also…Want to help me out with a blog topic? *here’s me begging* *per usual* *blows kisses*
Are you participating in Bloggiesta? What was on your agenda for the event?